Friday, September 24, 2010

PALM SPRINGS - Our New Home!!!


As you can see from our new header picture, we have moved to PALM SPRINGS California!! The move actually took place over Labor Day weekend, but its' taken me until now to catch up on my summer posts, and get all moved in and organized. I should be a pro at moving by now, but I still get way too stressed! This picture is actually the view from our backyard:) Yes...I broke down and we are renting a home on a golf course. Jed was beyond happy when we found this home, even though he never has time to see his family, let alone golf!! We have a little mini pool too, but there is also a really fun community pool and clubhouse right down the street from us. I must admit, we are pretty spoiled:)


Having a pool is really nice when it's still 105 degrees outside!! This has definitely been one of the drawbacks - it's so incredibly hot!! I think we jump in at least once a day:)



This is such a typical Lexi face:) It's usually when she's doing something that she knows she shouldn't be doing!


Olivia's 1st and 2nd day of school (2nd grade) - so far she loves picking out her "uniform" everyday. We owe a HUGE THANK YOU to Mimi for taking Olivia shopping for all of her school clothes:) We now own a ton of navy blue, white and khaki colored clothes;)


Our location is perfect. Lexi and I walk Olivia to school every morning, because it's right around the corner, and it's an incredible school! So far I have been extremely impressed and she LOVES it! She even likes the fact that she has to wear a uniform (I must admit that I do too - it makes our mornings and getting ready much easier). We are also in a wonderful ward. We went to a ward party last week and met a lot of people who we already have connections with - or are related too - distantly:)

Moving to California was a huge surprise to us, especially since we thought we would be moving to Houston or Dallas, but as much as we miss Texas and our friends there, I think this is going to be a great move for our family:) We are really enjoying being closer to family and friends!

So to all of our Texas friends - WE LOVE YOU DEARLY!!!! You really made our life in Texas wonderful, and you were more than our friends - you truly became our family! We miss you, but know that we will keep in touch and hopefully see y'all soon...Vegas is only a 4 hr. drive for us;)

7 comments:

Brooke Romney said...

Yeah! Thanks for the update. So glad things are going well! Love you guys.

Swain Family said...

Looks like a rough neighborhood... I'm a little bit jealous! ;) It's SO green... and I bet there aren't too many snakes! ;) Glad everything is good! And that everyone is adjusting. I can't get over Lexi's hair... she is so blonde! Those girls are beautiful!

Karen said...

Congratulations on your new home. what a terrific location. Your girls are so beautiful and I'm glad all is well. love, Karen Rose

Kourtney Bailey said...

I had no idea you were moving! Congrats on getting settled (or at least looking like it). Miss you and would love to catch up soon!

Julie and Kyle said...

hey jenni! im so jealous that you are in ca! ive been meaning to text you, but its been pretty nuts around here. i'll catch up with you soon!

Mama Blogger said...

Looks wonderful (especially in the winter months). I can attest the summer is blasted hot, but you will figure it out. My parents have a place down there. We should connect if I'm ever in town. I can't believe how fast the girls are growing up! Darling! I miss you!

Matthews Family said...

Congratulations to you guys and I'm glad you found out where you'll be living for awhile! I'm jealous of the swim pool. That looks so fun! I wish you would have come to Dallas and can't wait until we get to see you again. Lexi is getting so big and adorable too. Tell Olivia "Hi" from Paige, Phoenix and I too.