Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Summer Re-Cap (Utah)


We went to Utah for about 3 weeks in July and stayed with Jed's parents. Jed and his parents surprised me and the girls and flew him into town. He actually ended up staying for two weeks, because he was able to finish his training at a facility in Ogden. It was so much to be able to see him more - or at least for a few hours in the evenings:) One thing I really miss about Utah are the gorgeous summer nights!! When I'm there I'm constantly reminded of all of our Heavenly Father's beautiful creations:) The beautiful sunsets, the large mountains, the cool mountain breeze and air - wow, I'm missing it now just thinking about it! And if I haven't said this before, I truly have the world's greatest in-laws. Jed's family has made me feel loved and welcomed since the first day I met them:) They really are the most incredible people - I love and miss you all!!


We discovered this summer that Lexi LOVES horses! She calls them the nay-nays:) She couldn't wait for grandpa Tim to come home at night so that she could go out and see the horses while he did the chores. She also loves Teton (the dog). She would kiss him and hug him and talk to him - so cute. Oh, and pull his ears - not so cute. P.S. I'm not pregnant in this picture - horrible angle I guess:( Lexi loves Coda - the horse:)



Olivia loved spending so much time with all of her girl cousins! Jessa just turned 10 - these girls are growing up way too fast!



Lexi and Tycee definitely had a love-hate relationship. I think this picture says it all:)



Grandma Lori and her granddaughters (minus Ella). The girls wanted to go on the 4-wheeler any chance they could get!



Grandma Betty and Grandpa Dough gave Lexi a stick horse for her birthday that said "Lexi's Coda" - she plays with it all the time!



My little model in action. Tim and Lori gave Lexi her first pair of jeans, boots and a belt for her birthday. It's become kind of a right of passage with the Gines granddaughters - such a fun tradition.


Also while we were in Utah, my mom, sister-in-law Brooke and I threw a couple's shower for my brother Bryce and Lora at my aunt Becky's house. It was so much fun and we had such yummy food!! We already feel like Lora's part of the family - we love you guys!


And this is the best cake ever!!!! I was looking forward to the shower so that I could eat this cake (ok so that's only partially true, but still they're AMAZING!) "Nothing Bundt Cakes" - chocolate and pumpkin are the best. They all have a divine cream cheese frosting. Check them out if you haven't - you'll thank me for sure:)

No comments: