Friday, March 11, 2011

Olivia's Baptism and my 30th Birthday Weekend


February was such a crazy month!!!! Olivia turned 8 years old on the 12th and then the following weekend (President's Day) a bunch of our family came into town to help us celebrate her Baptism and my 30th birthday!! So she was actually baptized on my Birthday - what a great present huh? At least I won't ever forget her Baptism date:) While the family was here we decided to take the Tram ride in Palm Springs up to the top of the mountain and it was snowing! This was really fun for us "Californians" but not so much for the family that had come from snowy Utah - they wanted to get away from the cold :(

I think all of the kids really enjoyed playing in the snow though. Here's my brother Chris - the biggest kid of all:)


Lexi and my nephew Chaz in the snow


All of the Romney and Gines' family at the Baptism. This was such a special and wonderful day!! I didn't really know what to expect, since this was our first child being Baptized, but everything went really smoothly. I wouldn't have changed a thing - it was that great! The spirit was so strong and we were so proud of Olivia. She truly is such a blessing in our family - she makes us all better people. Her sweet and kind spirit, her quiet obedience, and her capacity to love others around her amaze me each and every day. Thank you to all of our family for your love and support!! You really helped make this such a memorable day for Olivia (and me) :) Better yet, I was able to focus more on Olivia than on the fact that I was turning 30 :(


Olivia with her uncle Chris, Aunt Cassy and cousins, Shaina and Chaz :)



My birthday cake - yummy Double chocolate chip "Nothing Bundt' cakes" (I know I've posted these cakes on my blog before - they are the best cakes you'll ever eat!!!) Overall I had a great Birthday (except for the dinner - we'll just try to forget that part). I received so many incredible gifts (thank you family) and it was so fun just to be with those people that I love so much! Thanks again :)

I was actually really bummed when I was going through my pictures, because I realized that I had barely taken any pictures of the whole weekend!! Sorry I'm so lame - we were just too busy having fun!

1 comment:

Swain Family said...

Olivia is getting so grown up! So glad she had the perfect day! Congrats to her!

And Happy Birthday!! :)