Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cousins and Best of Friends!!!

Livvy and Shaina (Thanksgiving 2010) taking a break on the rocks during our Torrey Pines hike in San Diego ( I miss their long hair)!

Olivia and Shaina (my brother's daughter) are cousins, but also great friends! They have been lucky enough to live by each other off and on throughout their lives and to build a great friendship. I love watching them together because they remind me of myself and my cousin Tenley when we were growing up. Tenley is two years older than me, like Shaina is with Olivia, but she always looked out for me. I see Shaina doing the same things for Olivia that Tenley would do for me - helping me choose outfits, doing my hair and make-up and just spending time together! Brings back great childhood memories :) I haven't seen my cousin since she moved to Florida, but I still love her the same - I miss you Tenley!


Shaina's birthday was in December and she was the cousin who did the 10 things for her 10th birthday (where Olivia got the idea for her 8th birthday). We were lucky enough to be with her for part of her birthday activities - one of which was Livvy and Shaina cutting off their hair together!! Aren't they so cute in their matching outfits and hair! Olivia cut off 10 inches and donated it to "Locks of Love" - she was so excited! I'm just glad that Shaina still finds it fun to have a cousin who wants to do everything she does and wear everything she wears :)



After the haircuts we went to the Irvine Spectrum where they had manicures and pedicures and painted their toes and fingers like candy canes - so cute!! Lexi had to try to get her feet in the picture too :) I hope their friendship lasts forever and continues to grow stronger with each year!


The girls on Christmas Eve at Mimi and Papa's house in their new matching Christmas Pajamas


All 3 of the girls on Christmas Sunday in their Christmas dresses from Mimi - so beautiful :)

1 comment:

Brooke Romney said...

They really are great togehter!!!